Nermin K. Ahmad
- New York UN Representative
English, French, German
M.Sc., International Relations London School of Economics and Political Science.
A.B., Government Harvard College.
Certificate of Competence in Community Relations Practice, Witwatersrand University, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Certificate in Human Rights Studies: Renée Cassin Institut Internationale des Droits de l’Homme, Strasbourg, France
Worked across Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
- Consultant for a range of international organizations (UNDP, UNIDO, UNHCS, UNEP, UNESCO, World Bank, IFC)
- Managed NYC Office of a global environmental consulting firm, spearheading strategic multi-disciplinary environmental, sustainability, and resilience-building consulting practice for clients in the private and public sectors, nationally and internationally.
- Represented Civil Society during NATO future preparedness exercises (20 and 35 years)
- Co-founder and managing director of CSRspace, LLC, created to curate sustainability and responsible investing and to promote smart community growth.
Recognized for exceptional inter-generational employee mentoring, management, knowledge networking and retention skills. Wins:
- Assigned NYC as first female manager of a non-project office;
- Took 350K p.a. office into multimillion p.a. office within two years;
- Identified and facilitated desired cultural shifts in client operations;
- Implemented stringent, replicable quality assurance/control processes.
- Trained and motivated subject matter expertise from different disciplines, cultures, age groups, and ethnicities to support projects outside their immediate areas of comfort.
UN Representative (2019) on UN HQ Committee on Migration/Xenophobia and Social Inclusion, and on Committee for Sustainable Development
President (2020/2022) NFBPWC-NYC Affiliate Chapter
Co-Chair NFBPWC-USA Special Project for Afghan Women
Member NFBPWC-USA Health Committee